“Quality Of Life Mentor”
Teaching people how to improve their lifes.
1. Biofeedback: is a method where people are taught to monitor their own physiological responses and learn to change these responses. The goal is to come to a point where a person can trigger a relaxation response, and control involuntary stress responses.
2. Music Therapy: The vibrational tones of music has proven to alter physiological responses, so it helps to relieve stress.
3. Guided Imagery: Imagine yourself releasing stress, view yourself being in a beautiful location, this all can help you to relate yourself with a sense of relaxation.
4. Self Hypnosis: Self hypnosis is done for changing someones habits, release stress from someones body, alter thought patterns, and more.
5. Autogenics: With autogenics you are able to change your physiology with your mind, and negate the stress response very easily.
6. Meditation: A person applying meditation can decrease stress activity immediately and when using the meditation technique for a longer period of time one can also decrease the overall levels of stress activity on a daily basis.
7. PMR: A person who applies this technique can immediately change how he feels, the muscles will relax and after a while using the progressive muscle relaxation technique, one will feel physically and emotionally relaxed aswell.
8. Yoga: Yoga combines breathing exercises, physical exercises and meditation all in one. When a person does yoga relaxation techniques, the person will feel after 1 session an immediate relieve of stress, the more a person exercises yoga relaxation techniques the less prone one is to stress.
9. Crying: Crying is a great way of releasing tension and therefor crying reduces stress.
10. Breathing: A wide variety of breathing techniques are able to release stress very quickly, breathing is simple and can be done at any time when stress occurs, a simple strategy that works.
11. Sex: Is one powerful method to release stress, many different factors play a role in sexual activity, factors like: affection, love, connection, playfulness, orgasm and more.
12. Laughing: is a natural method for relieving stess, whatever makes you feel like laughing can bring you much joy and laughter, watch comedy or hang around with funny people and you will have a stressless day.
13. Take a walk: At moments of stress, it’s always nice to start taking a walk outside, anywhere you have or haven’t been before is great, a change in scenery helps to alter the mind, and walking outside and taking some fresh air is also very good for releasing stress.
14. Time Management: If you are able to manage your time and tasks in a great way, it definitely will help you feel more at ease and better into your skin, this only can prevent you from getting into stressful situations.
15. Balanced diet: A diet which doesn’t befit you can have a negative affect on your body and mind, so you are more vulnerable for stress. A balanced diet will make you feel balanced at all time, you are less prone to stress and more capable of dealing with stressors in daily life.
16. Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is proven to help people relieve stress in many ways.
17. Teamwork: Ask your colleagous on how we can work together as a team, try to connect with them and find ways to feel great at working together, if not, do not assume you have to take any of their responsibilities, be concrete and clear about who takes on which task, you allways have the manager where you can go to, if the work-relationship doesn’t work out.
18. Separate work and home: Avoid the workaholic attitude, be focused on your job, when you are at work, when you are home, be focused on your family relationships, you are a mere human not a robot.
19. Communicate with someone: Talk about your problems with a friend, it can feel relieving if you can communicate your problem with someone.
20. Set realistic goals: Set goals that are attainable, if you deal with a lot of stress, then don’t put yourself up for things you have a hard time handling, build up gradually to more difficult tasks, start small.
21. Be creative: Do something creative, it doesn’t really matter what you do, as long as you are creating something, this sense of self-creating something will do you good.
22. Go on vacation: Go somewhere new, where you haven’t been before, feel the aliveness and enjoy the new scenery, it’s great for the brain and well- being.
23. Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a Chinese method for relieving physical tension and stress.
24. Worry: If you have this tendency to worry a lot, schedule a moment in time, for example 20 minutes, to worry about all the things that are worth worrying for, this is a better alternative instead of contaminating your worrysome behaviour in all of your daily life.
25. Sleep well: Not enough sleep can make a person feel irritable and less focused because brain didn’t have a full night of rest, to much sleep can make your body feel like it’s sleeping and also affects loss of concentration, sleep at average 8 hours between 7 and 9 hours.
26. Appearance: Look good, look fit, it will boost your self-confidence and therefor give you more power and advantage to overcome certain situations.
27. Massive action plan: Have a massive action plan, if plan A doesn’t work, have a plan B, if plan B doesn’t work, C and so on. This technique is a real help to get a bit of a sense of progression, you will feel much better by knowing you have all what it takes to get things working.
28. Be on time: When you have an appointment, it’s necessary to be on time, a bad start at one of your appointment is to come late, for both person it’s irritable to be late, diminish stress by atleast being 10 minutes earlier then was agreed.
29. Delegate: If you have a lot of work to do, learn to delegate your tasks. Ask your friends, family or your colleagous to give you a helping hand. If you are an employer, manage the amount of tasks adequately.
30. Reflexology: Try to do reflexology, it is a foot massage technique good for helping to relax and release physical tension.
31. Reiki: Reiki is known to heal people, your body and nervoussystem can have all sorts blockages buckled up, by doing reiki you can release physical tension and heal the spaces which needs healing.
32. Difficult tasks first: Do difficult tasks first, it is known when you do difficult tasks first, you will get more energy to do the easier tasks faster, so you build momentum and self-confidence, and so you rush through your day.
33. Exercise: Exercise daily or atleast 2 times a week, exercising has proved to increase self-esteem and releases mental and physical tension, makes your body stronger and more able to deal with stress.
34. Dancing: The act of dancing has proven to release dopamine from the brains in your systems, so it does make you feel good.
35. Martial Arts: Try Tai Chi and Qi gong are Chinese martial arts which are focusing the moment on breath control. It’s based on movement meditation, and has stress releasing qualities in it.
36. Swim: Swimming is a really great exercise that supports you in combating stress.
37. Stop procrastination: Stopping procrastination will give you more space to process your self, if you accomplish all goals for the days, then there is no added stress, stressing yourself costs time and procrastination is a waste of time.
38. Stop overcommitment: Say no, to activities which are not worth it.
39. Negate Slander: If people spread gossip and slander about others, do not participate in this activity, it will only bring you down, and it doesn’t improve your credibility.
40. Stop overanalysing: When there is fear of failure, or you are a perfectionist, you might feel like overanalysing, look at your fears rationally, and ask yourself if some of the fears are just not helpful or irrational. Find out the differences between healthy and unhealthy fears.
41. Stop judgement: Stop the constant thought of judgement on others or yourself.
42. Stop the controlfreak: Are you a controlfreak, do you like to control people or circumstances, you can now choose to stop this behaviour, it just adds to the stress, at times you need to relax and let others relax.
43. Stop regretfulness: Learn to stop regretting the things that use to matter a lot or don’t matter at all, It already happened, you can’t do anything about it, focus on what is important now, like fixing the problem at hand.
44. Stop comparing yourself: Stop comparing yourself with others, life should be let lived, it’s not allways a competition, you only should be better then the person you was yesterday.
45. Stop negative self-talk (dejection): Negative self talk pulls you down, it makes you feel like dirt and it doesn’t promote any real value to your self-esteem and well-being, or solves any real problems.
46. Stop Overindulgence: Overindulgence is indirectly a factor for stress, because it’s never good to satisfy your senses to greater extends then permitted to, in most cases you will spend some of your time convincing others to get what you want, this can lead to all sorts of drama, which can cause stress and anxiety. Learn to delay gratification, so you change your habit from overindulgence to a healthy form of indulgence.
47. Lower Standards: If you are dealing with stress, make sure to lower the standards you have set for yourself, a real attainable goal is the one you should looking for, a lil bit stress doesn’t hurt, but a lot of stress asks for drastic measurements, lower your standards, and be real.
48. Stop drug-abuse: Any form of drug abuse will not enhance your life at any point, it may be an exciting experience at first, but the constant usage of drugs to the point one could get addicted doesn’t put one in a favourable position at all. At all time stop with drugs abuse or seek professional help.
49. Repel vicious people: We have a lot of people roaming around this world, accompany those people who support and empower you, and repel those who are vicious, immoral and spiteful. Unnecessary suffering and stress are generated by these vicious human beings.
50. Good Temper: Those who have an easy way of expressing anger, should learn to temper their anger, angriness contributes largely to stress, and has almost no good use, learn assertivity.
51. Gratitude: Practice gratitude, the act of gratitude will help relieving stress by letting go of fears.
52. Positivity: Focus on being a positive person, not a negative person, the more positive thoughts and emotions you generate the better your well being.
53. Show affection: Show affection to yourself or loved ones.
54. Be spontaneous: Expressing yourself truly without any restrictions helps to relieve stress.
55. Social Relationships: A healthy social relationship with anyone, for example friends will greatly help you in releasing stress.
56. Hugging: Hug people everyday it has been proven to relax people.
57. Presence: Be in the presence and stop worrying about the past or future.
58. Cleanliness and Declutter: Declutter the mental, physical and biological spaces, for example start cleaning and taking care of your house, car, internet profile information, mind, yourself and administration.
59. Clarity: Make a plan of action, make it clear so you can focus on what is important, declutter your mind and find clarity and focus.
60. Honesty: Honesty is a very important trait and virtue to have, denying or intentionally hiding or obscuring the facts can lead to all sorts of drama, which can cause stress and anxiety further, get the truth of your chest, so you don’t create a blockage, express yourself truly.
61. Self-confidence: Trust yourself, find a way back to your natural confidence, built up your self-confidence, don’t be afraid to fail, don’t be afraid to be criticized, smile, laugh and be a strong person.
62. Acceptance: Learn to accept the situations occurring in daily life, life is full of uncertainties and is unpredictable, if something not goes your way, learn to deal with it and first accept it and then adapt to it.
63. Learn assertivity: Assertive communication skills are important for maintaining healthy relationships. Anger, anxiety, impatience, frustration, disappointment, fear and many other stress factors can easily be avoided if one learns to be assertive.
64. Forgiveness: Forgive as many people as you can, even those who may have hurt your feelings, even if they do not accept your offer for forgiveness, forgive them anyways, the act of forgiveness will release some mental toxins from your mind and does change your physiology for the better.
65. Spirituality: Study some spirituality, listen to some Eckhart tolle video’s on youtube, get in touch with your spiritual identity, spirituality has proven many times to decrease the stress factors in peoples life.
66. Responsibility: Take on your responsibilities. If you haven’t, it’s now time to take care of yourself and those who you owe and obligation towards.
67. Flexibility: Learn to be as flexible as you possibly can, many different circumstances asks for many different responses, it feels great to have the right answer for every different moment, it’s also part of being an adult.
68. Altruism: Be helpful and kind to someone, if you can make someone else happy, you will feel happy yourself.
69. Self-empowerment: Empower yourself to the best of your ability, self-empowerment is known to improve your sense of self-esteem and the empowerment you give to yourself for those necessary purposes is vital for personal growth, personal development. Empower yourself with important matters and you will see stress diminishing.
70. Reward: Reward good behaviour and disempower bad behaviour, in life we people need to be rewarded for good behaviour and disempowered for bad behaviour, this is a healthy route for human development.
71. Simplification: Simplify your life, keep those things, people, activities which are most important to you, close to you. Complexification of any kind, can only be useful if it’s understood properly and can be teached very simply. Get to the point of it all, and keep things simple for yourself and others.
72. Patience: Patience is a very important virtue, it allows for you to wait for those desired circumstances to happen, in the meanwhile you have to learn to use your time wisely in other ways, like doing for example meditation, one point focusedness meditation or otherwise.
73. Value: Learn how to value things. Find out what is most important to you, and spend more time on those things that really matter, prioritize and let go of the unnecessary activities.
74. Life is a journey not a final destination: Learn to enjoy every moment you have, life is also meant to be lived in it’s full aliveness. Goals are secondary parts of your life, if you have goals, try to make them part of the dance, instead of the sole purpose of your lifes mission.
75. Visualization: Visualize yourself succeeding on taking on any difficult and stressful task heads on.
76. Self-awareness: People who have a high sense of self-awareness are more conscious of their experiences, thoughts and emotions, this all helps to find out where stress comes from. A good way of dealing with stress is to learn self-awareness.
77. Dettachment: Learn to let go of circumstances, peope and things. A lot of stress is generated in the body, because people have a hard time letting go of things which do not really matter now.
78. Diligence: Work is good by itself, learn to be diligent and work gradual and more and more, until you reach an acceptable norm, this will greatly release a lot stress and boosts self-confidence.
79. Massage: Get a massage, and give your body and nervoussystem a rejuvenation.
80. Listen to music: Listen to your favourite music has proven to relieve you from stress.
81. Nature: Take a trip into nature, connect with nature as much as you can, you will feel renourished after 2 hours of walking in nature, this is a great stress reliever.
82. Take a break: Take a break and relax for 5 -10 minutes.
83. Drink water: Drink 2 liters a day, helps flushing out the toxins.
84. Alchohol: When drinking alchohol, one has to know it’s own limits, 1 glass of red wine can be beneficial, but the more one consume after the initial glass the more one loses control of it’s senses.
85. Journaling: Writing down your feelings, emotions and thoughts surrounding a particular event has been proven to release some stress factors.
86. Playing Games: Playing a game you enjoy will help to release any kind of stress.
87. Plant a garden: Get some sunlight, be commune with nature, create the beauty, and be an artist of life, plant a garden and you will relieve from stress, it is a very healthy exercise.
88. Reduce Caffeine Intake: A high quantity of caffeine intake can make you susceptible to stress and caffeine intake late on the day and affect your sleeping quality, which impacts stress.
89. Books: Read a good book, with lots of positive information, find inspiration on the good sides of life, it really helps you to uplift your mood and get your mind of to something good.
90. Bath: Take a nice and warm bath in the evening, it will get you in a relaxed mood.
91. Home Sanctuary: Make your home a sanctuary, by decorating your home with nice furniture, items and colours, you will more pleasant in your own nice home sanctuary.
92. Pet: Have a beautiful pet, pets like dogs, bunnies, cats are great companions to have, you can stroke with them, cuddle with them and let all of your emotions go, you will feel more at ease.
93. Medical Help: Ask for medical help at the moment you see your stress turning into depression.
94. Take a shower: A shower is a good way of feeling cleansed, it relaxed the mind and your physiology.
95. Agenda: Have an agenda, so you can write down all of your commitments and appointments for the day, memorizing all of your scheduled appointments is not worth your brainspace and time. Write it down on a to do list or agenda.
96. Stressball: A stressball helps relieving stress and emotional tension. Squeeze in it, if you feel frustrated or under pressure.
97. Company from plants: Plants help to lower bloodpressure and relieve stress.
98. Vision board: Put a vision board on the wall in your room, and look at it to get some inspiration fueling your body and mind.
99. Self-Massage: Try self-massage, and massage yourself, it’s a quick and easy way to relieve stress.
100. Write a thank you letter: Write a thank you letter to someone you haven’t properly thanked for his/her grateful work. It has been shown in an experiment that expressing sincere gratitude can release of a lot tension and has a long effect on human well being.
Here are the 60 important reasons to exercise. Empower yourself by taking these reasons and ideas with you in your exercise. You can start doing your exercises immediately without having to come up with any hesitations, doubts, indecisions, uncertainties and more. This info will stop you from procrastinating and will inspire you enormously.
1.Self-perception: Identify yourself with a person who is concerned about his/her own personal health.
2.Dignity: Feel a sense of pride about yourself, this is to build a greater sense of self-worth, self-respect and self-esteem.
3.Self-appreciation: You will feel more a sense of self-appreciation to your body.
4.Joy: After exercising a sufficient amount of times, the activity of exercising will turn into a perceived joyful activity.
5.Contentment: You will feel better into your skin.
7.Rolemodel: Be an example towards others, especially family, friends or relatives and show how it is really possible to exercise and feel healthy.
8.Sociability: Exercise will make you look attractive in public domain and social context, and it will increase your chances to have social interactions and as a result exercise will increase the chances for you to make friends.
9.Inspiration: You want to inspire other people to consider about exercise, be a source of inspiration.
10.Brain Evolution: Big brains evolved due to capacity for exercise: http://phys.org/news/2011-08-big-brains-evolved-due-capacity.html
11.Genes: Because exercising improves the quality of genes.
12.Gerontology: It Improves all the different aspects in the biological, psychological and sociological process of aging.
13.Physical Attraction: Recognize that by the advantage of exercising, that your physicality will change, and you will be more likely to appear physically attractive and sexual desirable to others.
14.Sexual relationship: Exercise is proven to improve libido, sexual desire, sexual drive and as a result, it will improve your sexual life and sexual relationship with your loved one or loved ones.
15.Impotency: It decreases the chance to become impotent.
16.Reality: You want to recognize why it only takes 20 minutes of exercise for 3 times a week, that’s in total of 1 hour a week. That is to recognize why a small amount of your time per week can be having a great impact on your life.
18.Counter depression: You are more able to counter any style of depression.
19.Better sleep: Exercise will make you sleep better, this is especially the case when you choose to exercise in the morning, the body adapts to the amount of activity produced by the body, and in times of great activity it will stay awake during that period, and compensates by feeling tired faster in the evening.
21.Recovery: Improves the ability to recover better and faster from hard physical workouts.
25.Body building: There are a lot of different types of exercises one can do, if one choose to do bodybuilding, one will definitely build up a great looking physique and with this all the advantages of having a great physique.
26.Posture: Improves your posture.
27.Heart: Exercise will improve the functioning of your heart, the hearts coronary circulation.
28.Diabetes: Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
29.Cancer: Reduces risk of cancer.
30.Back: Reduces back pain.
31.Heart: Reduces risk of heart disease.
32.Death: Reduces the risk of an early death
33.Arthritis: Reduces the risk of arthritis.
34.Toxic Waste: Reduces the amount of toxic waste.
35.Hypertension: Reduces the risk of developing hypertension.
36.Osteoporosis: Reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
37.Cardiovascular Health: Improves the maintenance for healthy bones, muscles and joints.
38.Cholesterol: Lowers cholesterol levels.
39.Strokes: Reduces chances of getting strokes.
40.Cold: Reduces chances of getting a cold.
41.Asthma: Reduce chances of getting asthma.
42.Fatigue: Decreases chances for having physical fatigue
43.Headache: Reduces the chance to get a headache and decreases the intensity of headaches or the duration of it.
44.Viscosity: Reduces the viscosity of your blood.
45.Aerobic Power: It improves the aerobic power, the aerobic capacity is the capacity of your biological vehicle the body to oxygenate all the different tissues in your body, apparently you loose 1 percent of this capacity a year, by regular exercising you can cut this by half (50%), so your body will feel thus the more younger as you age.
46.Immunesystem: It maintains the immunesystems functioning processes.
47.Breathing Capacity: Improves your breathing capacity and lung functioning.
48.Pregnancy: Promotes a healthy pregnancy
49.Healthcare costs: Exercise reduces potential healthcare, insurance and other related financial costs in the long run.
50.Cognitive function: Exercise increases bloodflow to your brains, and with this it increases the capacity for cognitive functioning.
51.Absenteeism: It reduces the chances for being absent for work or other important appointments. Diminishes absenteeism.
52.Learning ability: It does stimulates the formation of new braincells, so it will increase the capacity to learn and memorize information.
53.Intelligence: It increases overall intelligence and with it intellectual functioning, mental activity is rather more easier to do, because of increased levels of oxygenation of the body and the brains.
54.Metabolic rate: A good half hour workout like running can increase the metabolic rate, and with this increase the amount of energy your body can generate, thus it improves the general bodily functioning for the day.
55.Constant Affirmation: When doing extreme exercise activities your mind needs to affirm and reaffirm to persist in doing the exercises on the level you ask for yourself to do. This constant repetition of affirming to persist and endure is great for building up habits and senses of stamina, resilience, strength, vigor, endurance and perseverance.
56.Creativity: It boosts creativity
57.Personal Growth: In the act of exercising your body, you are adapting to the circumstances of intense workout and coming up with new habits, disciplines, skills and ideas or used already acquired skills and for important and essential habits and disciplines, any of these disciplines and habits are crucial for personal growth.
58.Aspiration and Motivation: You want to aspire to be an athlete, to be a great winner.
59.Addiction: Supports in the effort to stop addictive behavior.
60.Travel: Your body and brains are more resilient in overcoming jet lags.